Sunday, June 6, 2010

Getting Started

Hello World... My name is Stephen and I start my blog tomorrow. I've always wanted to blog, but just never got to it... so here goes. First a little about me... I'm 35, single, no children (but great nieces and nephews) live in Tucson, Arizona. I graduated from Clark Atlanta University with a degree in Music Performance. I'm sure over the course of this journey I'll share more about my life, family and other things that contribute to my opinions. I have a lot to say and hopefully day by day I'll get a lot of it said.

I am very involved in my local church and I'll share more on that later. I am a Kingdom Citizen and I strive daily to live my life in a way that exemplifies my beliefs.

I chose the title "No Grey Area" because fundamentally I believe that things are either right or wrong... black and white... hence the color of my blog... but due to our life experiences, environmental influences, family upbringing... it shades our perspectives. So my goal is to give a balanced perspective.

Please feel free to comment on my blogs and give feed back. Although very opinionated, I do like healthy discussion and debate... In general I usually put out a question on Facebook and my friends comment on it and I usually do too, but I think this will give me the platform to expound on my thoughts in a non-restrictive way... so tomorrow starts day one.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like this is going to be fun. Can't wait to see the first entry tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! I am so glad you did this brother Stephen and I absolutely love the name. I think you have a great way of putting things to make people think about them and want to give an opinion. Have fun with this. I look forward to reading what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I just want to say Welcome! I'm glad you have joined the bandwagon.

    As far as your post goes, I totally agree with you. Men and Women who "Test Drive" just to see if she is good enough to marry is pitiful. If a dude wanted to marry me but in order for him to make the final decision depended on me having Sex with him and how good I was, I would tell him to kick rocks and bottle tops. Yes, I know having sex before marriage is wrong but adding "oh I had sex because he said he would marry me" that just makes it more wrong and stupid. Yeah I have 2 kids but they were not a result of "Test Driving" they were a result of me stepping out of alignment with God. For over a year now I haven't engaged in sexual activity and honestly dont plan too, but if the man Im with says he is ready to get married now but he wants to make sure Im still good at it before he marries, then I guess I will still be single!

    Very Good post Stephen, I enjoyed reading cant wait for the next...

    ReplyDelete